10-003 (September 9, 2010 Release) Media Briefing Instructions regarding the 3rd International Conference for Universal Design in HAMAMATSU 2010
(September 9, 2010 Release)
Instructions for the media briefing regarding 3rd International Conference for Universal Design in HAMAMATSU 2010
The International Association for Universal Design (Patron: His Imperial Highness Prince Tomohito) will hold the 3rd International Conference for Universal Design in HAMAMATSU 2010 for five days from Saturday, October 30 to promote understanding and the widespread application of Universal Design (UD).
With our patron His Imperial Highness Prince Tomohito in attendance, we will hold a media briefing to explain the purpose of the conference and other details. We very much look forward to your attendance.
Main events of the 3rd International Conference for Universal Design in HAMAMATSU 2010
- Keynote Address: Katsuko Yamamoto (Teacher at a special-needs school: Japan, Documentary film “The Miracle of the Gifted Quarter”)
- Lecture sessions by UD specialists from Japan and overseas, panel discussion by ministers of various government ministries of Japan
- Special workshop: The 48-Hour Marathon for Universal Design
- Exhibition Event Hall (Open to public free of charge): About 50 companies and organizations will introduce their latest UD examples and activities. Trial rides on a landmine-removing machine at the planned exhibition Design to Save the World and other events sponsored by Hamamatsu City.
Official Site https://www.iaud.net/ud2010/index.en.html
The 3rd International Conference for Universal Design in HAMAMATSU 2010
- Date: September 27, 2010 (Monday) Media registration: 14:30 onwards Media Briefing: 15:00 – 15:45 (45 minutes)
- Venue: Asagiri, B2F, Cerulean Tower Tokyu Hotel
Address: 26-1 Sakuragaoka, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo TEL: 03-3476-3000
- Program of the Ceremony:
- Opening Address: Takuma Yamamoto, President, Organizing Committee (Chairman Emeritus, FUJITSU LIMITED)
- Address: Patron/His Imperial Highness Prince Tomohito
- Purpose of the Conference: Kazuo Okamoto, Vice President, Organizing Committee (Vice Chairman, member of the Board, Toyota Motor Corporation)
- Conference Details: Masafumi Narikawa, Chair, Executive Committee (Director & General Manager, Sales Division, Tokyo Electric Power Environmental Engineering Co., Inc.)
- Q & A Session:
- Closing Address: Tetsuo Iku, Vice President, Organizing Committee (Director, Managing Officer, General manager of Technology, Headquarters, Sekisui House, Ltd.
Secretariat, International Association for Universal Design
2-13-18-110, Shin-Ishikawa, Aoba-ku, Yokohama 225-0003 Japan